The Swing Bed program at Marlboro Park Hospital is designed to help you heal and gain strength, so you can regain your independence and return home.
Swing Bed is an extended care option to meet your individual needs for continued rehabilitation and recovery in a comfortable, hospital setting.
First step, Goal setting
After you have arrived, a care coordinator will work with you and your family to set your treatment goals.
The care team meets weekly to review each patient’s progress toward their goals. Progress reports are provided to the patient, family, referring physician, case manager and insurance company.
What to Bring
We want you to be as comfortable as possible. So, plan to bring comfortable clothing to wear each day. Please note that the Swing Bed program does not have laundry facilities, so plan to bring or have your family provide you with clean clothes throughout your stay.
Checklist for what to pack:
- Lightweight, loose fitting clothing (a five-day supply to begin with),
- Comfortable, supportive shoes,
- Personal care items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and
- Personal photos or other items to decorate your room to provide comfort and inspiration
We encourage you to personalize your room, but please know that we cannot assume the responsibility for loss or theft of items. Therefore, we encourage you to leave valuable items such as jewelry or money at home.
For Family Members
We encourage the patient’s family to play an active role in their recovery.
Family and friends are encouraged to visit their loved ones.
In addition, family members can help by:
- Providing the care team with insight into the patient’s personality, interests and lifestyle.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement.
- Participating in the family education and training sessions.
- Assisting the patient and care team decide and plan for when the patient leaves the Swing Bed program.
To reach a patient, please call the hospital’s main number (843) 479-2881 and ask for the patient. To send mail to a patient, send to:
Marlboro Park Hospital
Swing Bed Program
Attn: (Patient’s Name)
1138 Cheraw St.
Bennettsville, SC 29512
Completing the Program
How long you stay with the Swing Bed program at Marlboro Park Hospital depends on your individual needs.
Some patients are able to return home and some patients may need to explore additional care options. The care team can help in the process by providing recommendations and alternatives for future care when necessary.
Have more questions? Call us at (843) 454-8725, Case Management Director.